Happy Clock Day 11 Happy Clock Day 11

What....

Well, there's not much to say about this. I guess the drum loop is pretty good, but it does get repetitive after a while. Sounds like something you'd find in the main menu of any flash game. Not really sure

And about the animation: to be honest, I used flash for about 3 days before quitting, and I could have animated this. Perhaps this can be used as proof that you know how to create a .swf file and put it on newgrounds, but outside of that, I don't see why you bothered uploading this. Maybe I'm just not in the spirit of clock day....

Da Clocktopia Ghetto Da Clocktopia Ghetto

teehee

I actually found this quite humorous. The computer voice is so damn funny when you juxtapose it with ganstas, weed, and clocks. The intentional mispellings were very funny to read. Lol at the disclaimer at the end

I think this flash has lots of potential. Perhaps you could have done more on screen shenaniganery as the gansta was talking. Like when he talks about the cops, maybe have some cops chase a gangsta in the bg or something? But overall, good work!

SSBB: Pit's Wii Remote SSBB: Pit's Wii Remote

Amusing.

I could see you worked on the main character quite a bit. The storyline was pretyy short, but to the point. Voice acting was kool, and the sfx were well timed. The flash was also pretty funny, too. Good work!

Suggestions: The flash was short. very short. like these. sentences that. I am. writing now. There needs to be something that comes after, maybe kirby destroying the wiimote?

#Review Request Club#

MCYoshi responds:

Yes it is short, but wasn't going to make something long for my first effort. Glad you liked it though and thanks for the review.

All That Monkey Business All That Monkey Business

Actually quite difficult for me -__-

The concept of the game is quite good. The music fits very well too. However, I think there is a lot you could add, especially some sound effects. %uFF2Daybe even a plunger gun for the player to "hold" as he is shooting monkeys. Good start though!

Depict1 Depict1

Interesting game

Lol at the walking sfx.

For those who don't know how to jump, He says:

"Press space bar to J..ump"

Toss the Turtle Toss the Turtle

Weeeeeeeeee....

Its kinda like kitty cannon but A BAZILLION TIMES BETTER. I really like how you can control your turtle in flight and have some contrl on what he lands on.

My Record: 1,276,875 feet and stopped by spikes.

Spacejava (Dj Sonik) Spacejava (Dj Sonik)

Very very nice

I could definitely see this playing in the background of a phone app or a PC program. The song is really relaxing, and yet at the same time there's a distinct rhythm that makes me want to move inside.

Pointers for me:

-If this is going to be playing in the menu or main home screen of the app, then I feel it is ok as is in terms of variance of melodies. However, if this is going to be played constantly throughout the use of the program, then I think that you should vary it a bit more. Currently, you have the smooth piano and the spiccato lead in the background along with the percussion, and it does tend to get a little repetitive after a while. I feel that you could introduce a spacey lead or something in the middle.

-0:31 that transition (or relative lack thereof) is very unfitting. Even if you are going to reintroduce the piano back into the track, there definitely needs to be something to smoothly transition from the relaxing piano to the more upbeat spiccato. Maybe a pause, and a short drumroll or percussion sequence before the other lead starts up again?

That being said, I think the piano and the rest of the track mesh very well. Just a couple things here and there that I think would make this track much better. Good luck to your buddy as well!

Seasons in the Abyss w/ vox Seasons in the Abyss w/ vox

That's one long intro....

But still pretty awesome.

The lyrics were a bit iffy for me on this one (again, I don't listen to Heavy Metal alot, so I'm not sure what the norm is). Not because of the feeling they evoke, but because I feel they are somewhat underdeveloped. I see these images of blood and insanity, but I keep wondering what message you are trying to convey. Is insanity something to embrace, something inevitable, something you choose?

But overall, stunning work again!

Schleif responds:

thanks a lot! this is actually a cover of song by a band called Slayer, so i can't really talk about the 'real' meaning and message of the song. to me, it's subject to your own interpretation. i thank you, and Demon-Slayer12 thanks you!

Zombie Jesus Zombie Jesus

Very professional sounding.

I usually don't listen to Heavy Metal, so pardon me if I get terms/techniques mixed up.

The guitar riffs are phenomenal. The percussion is varied yet keeps a steady beat for the duration of the song. I also like how you panned the vocals around near the middle of the song.

Just one suggestion from me, and a minor one at that. Have you ever tried putting distortion on your vocals? I feel that for a song with a title such as "Zombie Jesus" it would fit right in.

Awesome song, sounds like something I'd hear on the radio.

Schleif responds:

really awesome to get a review like this from someone who usually don't listen to metal! never tried distorting vocals. i might try messing with that in the future. thanks a lot for the review!

Skuvari Skuvari

Level 30 Skuvari appeard!

TheBellmaker uses review!

Excellent pieve of work you have here. Definitely looks like some monster you'd find in maplestory or another mmorpg. Maybe the wings could have been a little bigger...eh, small detail. The shading is good, and it gives the Skuvari some necessary depth.

As for the lasers, maybe you could have added something at the source? Maybe a ring around the eye to indicate that the laser had just been fired, or maybe some radiating lines (like the ones you see in animes that come from people's mouth when they scream really really loud).

Good work!

NekoMika responds:

Thanks. If you view it in full size you can see a light amount of stuff around the eyes showing that it is firing the lasers. Kind of bent the one laser beam sadly. Thanks a lot for the review though. :-)

Stranger Eye Stranger Eye

Disregard camera, acquire scanner.

Most home printers nowadays even come with a scanner. Or if you're in school, I am sure that you could find a scanner to upload your pictures. Either way, it's much better taking pictures of your pictures. But that aside

First things first, I'm not an artist so don't take my review *too* seriously. I'll just point out some things that I like and don't like as an outside observer.

-Color selection: Even though there aren't a wide variety of colors, the ones that you did choose fit perfectly. I also like how the picture is top-heavy, giving the feeling of riding on top of a cloud or such.

-Subject matter: I like how you included a balanced mix of recognizable and abstract components. Definitely something pleasant to look at.

The title is definitely fitting, as it looks like something I would encounter in a fantasy world or in a dream.

NekoMika responds:

Yea thanks for the review. I used to do little sketches and doodles like this all the time in high school. Gave a couple to my one teacher, I asked for a couple back at the end of senior year and she never let me have them back for some reason, great doodles lost forever I guess. :-(

Thanks for the review though. :-)

Gay Bear Gay Bear

maek in2 gif pl0x

Seriously, this could turn out as a awesome gif. Gay politics aside, I think the bears are pretty cute given their pixeliness. Basically, everything from my review on your other work of art also applies here. It's not really detailed enough to be a full piece, but it you shrink it down/make it a gif, pwnage shall ensue.

Try it out, see what you think